Truck Tire Defects & Blowout Accidents in San Francisco
Call (415) 688-2176 to Discuss Your Case with a Lawyer
Sometimes, truck accidents aren’t caused by driver fatigue or reckless driving, but by something much less obvious: the truck’s tires. Many big-rig trucks will travel great distances in a single trip, which can lead to a great deal of wear and tear on the truck's tires. It is the responsibility of the trucking company to ensure that its trucks receive regular maintenance, which includes proper tire maintenance.
Failure to do so can be considered as a form of negligence in the eyes of the law.
- Tire-related truck accidents are often caused by:
- Worn tires
- Badly manufactured tires
- Tires with poor air pressure
- Tire blowouts
If you were injured in a truck accident, turn to the Scarlett Law Group for immediate assistance. We can help you determine who should be held liable for your injuries and file an injury claim on your behalf. Filing a claim can help you obtain the compensation you need to pay for your injury-related costs.
Suspect that your truck accident was related to faulty or worn-out tires? Call us at (415) 688-2176 for a free consultation.
Truck Accidents Caused by Tire Blowouts
A blow-out is a rapid loss of air from the tire. Rapid air loss from the tires increases friction between the tire and the road. Increased friction pulls the vehicle toward the side of the blow-out. It is very challenging to handle a heavy vehicle like a tractor trailer or semi-truck safely in case of a blow-out.
Truck drivers should take certain precautions when a blow-out occurs:
- Do not hit the breaks (the vehicle will “pull” more violently)
- Accelerate to reduce the pull to the side
- Keep a firm grip on the wheel
- Steer to the side opposite the blow-out
- Slow down and turn on your hazard flashers
- Pull over to a safe, level area to fix the tire
Who Is Liable for Tire Blowouts or Defects?
Determining the liable party in a truck accident caused by a tire blowout or defect requires a full investigation. Your attorney may work with experts to assess factors such as the weather, tire condition, maintenance, and even explore possible defects from the manufacturers.
Liability can fall on:
- The tire manufacturer if there was a defect in the design or manufacture of the tire, that led to the blowout.
- The mechanic if the individual improperly installed the tire or failed to notice the defect during the installation
- The trucking company if they failed to perform the required routine maintenance that could have prevented the accident
- The driver for failing to conduct pre-inspection of tires as required by federal regulation.
Protect Your Rights After an Accident – Call the Scarlett Law Group
If you were injured as a result of someone else's negligence, you have the right to take legal action against the at-fault party. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for injured victims in San Francisco during our more than 25 years of experience. Our proven knowledge of personal injury law could make all the difference to the outcome of your truck accident case. Whether your matter is settled inside or outside of court, we will serve as your relentless advocate and dedicated guide.
If you were injured in a tire-related trucking accident in San Francisco, call the Scarlett Law Group today at (415) 688-2176 to speak with an attorney.