San Francisco Slip & Fall Accidents Attorneys
Visionary Legal StrategiesTailored to Our Client’s Unique Needs
Scarlett Law Group proudly uses our firm’s robust legal resources and extensive knowledge of the law to help those who have suffered a serious injury on someone else’s property due to negligence in safety precautions or lack of maintenance. Injuries arising from slip and fall accidents are often caused by hazardous objects that have been neglected at businesses and other public spaces. Unfortunately, some property owners and their insurance providers are reluctant to take responsibility for slip and fall injuries and will attempt to avoid paying the compensation you need and deserve for your damages.
Our highly respected personal injury law firm has a stellar reputation for securing results in these types of cases, and we will gladly take the time to listen to your story and address your legal concerns. Our attorneys can provide an honest and accurate assessment of your injuries and the potential value of your case. If you’ve been severely injured in a slip and fall accident, then turn to Scarlett Law Group to get help building a strong legal strategy.
What Are the Common Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents?
When property owners don’t make the necessary effort to keep their customers and visitors safe, they increase the chances that a slip and fall will occur. The following are common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Uneven, cracked, broken, or crooked walkways, entryways, sidewalks, aisles, or corridors
- Wet, slippery, or oily walking surfaces
- Spills and debris that should have been cleaned up during the business’s daily routine but weren’t adequately tended to
- Neglected outside walkways that haven’t been cleared of ice, snow, leaves, and debris
- Ice, rain, snow, leave, and other slippery weather conditions that have been tracked indoors
- Inadequate and dangerous lighting conditions
- Rough, frayed, torn, worn, or bunched flooring or carpeting
- Poorly placed or otherwise dangerous advertisements, displays, shelving, seating, or other obstacles in common areas of stores or restaurants
Slip & Fall Injury Statistics
Injuries caused by slip and fall accidents are a lot more common than most people realize. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- One in four older adults aged 65 and older fall each year
- Falls are the number one cause of injuries and death from injury among older Americans
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injury
- Approximately 5% of slips and falls involve broken bones
- Slip and fall accidents cause severe injuries in 20% to 30% of cases
- 95% of hip fractures are the result of falls
How Slips & Falls Can Impact the Brain?
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when sudden damage to the brain is caused by a blow or jolt to the head. TBI can range from mild concussions to severe permanent brain damage, which can require intensive care and life-saving surgery. Survivors of TBI often have to deal with lasting effects that severely impact their physical and mental abilities, as well as their emotions and personality. As we stated above, falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injury. If another party’s negligence caused you to slip and fall, resulting in a TBI, then you can seek compensation for your financial losses and suffering related to your injury.
What Type of Damages Am I Entitled to for a Slip & Fall Injury?
If you have sustained a slip and fall injury and want to collect all the compensation you are entitled to, then you will need to collect certain types of evidence to build your case. Without the right evidence, you won’t be able to recover the funds you need to cover your medical expenses and other accident damages.
The value of a slip and fall case can also be difficult to calculate without the aid of an experienced attorney. Damages that can be recovered in a successful slip and fall lawsuit include:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future lost earnings
- Out-of-pocket expenses arising from the accident
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish
- Punitive damages for conduct that was particularly egregious
- Wrongful death damages
Our Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers Will Fiercely Advocate for You
At Scarlett Law Group, we believe that survivors of devastating slip and fall accidnets shouldn’t have to face the burden of recovering fair compensation on their own. Individuals throughout the Bay Area turn to our reputable law firm because we are known to stand in our clients' corners each step of the way. Our firm is prepared to help you seek the money you deserve to cover the immediate and ongoing costs of your injuries. For an honest and transparent assessment of your legal options, please get in touch with us today.
Call (415) 688-2176 or contact us online to schedule a free case consultation with one of our slip and fall accident attorneys.