San Francisco Burn Injury Attorneys
Effectively Handling Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits for 20+ Years
Our compassionate legal team at Scarlett Law Group is committed to using our knowledge of the law and 20+ years of experience to assist clients who suffered severe burn injuries recover fair compensation for hospital visits, surgeries, rehabilitation, and other specialized treatment.
We understand how traumatizing burn injuries can be for survivors, which is why our legal professionals will fiercely advocate your rights and pursue the justice you deserve. If you or someone you love sustained devastating burn injuries due to negligence or wrongful actions of another party, then please contact our law firm as soon as possible so that we can discuss all of your options and help you take legal action.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
There are three categories of burn injuries: first, second, and third-degree burns. First-degree burns affect the epidermis, while second-degree burns affect the outermost layer of the dermis. Third-degree burns are the most serious because they destroy the epidermal and dermal layers of skin and extend into subcutaneous tissue.
The following are common incidents that can result in burn injuries:
- Beauty Products: The use of hair, skin, and nail products that contain salicylic acid and potassium hydroxide can cause severe burns, nerve damage, and scarring.
- Workplace Accidents: Explosions and toxic chemicals at job sites can result in burn injuries. If an employer fails to maintain a safe worksite, they can be held liable. A workplace accident that results in severe burns can involve a workers’ compensation claim or product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor of the faulty equipment.
- House & Apartment Fires: Faulty wiring, broken smoke detectors, and defective kitchen equipment usually contribute to burn injuries sustained in house and apartment fires. If a landlord or property owner is aware of subpar electrical work or other potential fire hazards but fails to fix the issue, then they can be liable for subsequent burn injuries on the premises that are suffered by tenants, guests, and other visitors.
- Car & Truck Fires: Automobiles can burst into flames during an accident, causing occupants to suffer burns from the flames and fluids in the vehicle.
- Home Appliances: Major household appliances and heating equipment like stoves, space heaters, and dryers cause residential fires every year that result in devastating burn injuries and death.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Burn Injuries?
In some cases, more than one negligent party can be held liable for contributing to the burn injury if they breached a duty of care owed to you. Depending on the circumstances of the burn injury, you might be able to file a personal injury, premises liability, product liability, workers’ compensation, or wrongful death claim. However, proving negligence can be a complicated task that requires extensive work and resources, which is why you should consult with a lawyer at Scarlett Law Group to assess your situation.
Discuss the Details of Your Case with Our Reliable Burn Injury Lawyers Today
Scarlett Law Group’s experienced attorneys take on burn injury cases throughout the greater San Fransico area. We know which legal strategies to deploy and the types of evidence you need to establish negligence and demonstrate fault. We will agressivelly go after all forms of compensation you are entitled to under the law, so please get in touch with us today so we can put our skills to work for you.
To schedule a free case consultation with Scarlett Law Group, call (415) 688-2176 or contact us online to speak with one of our friendly team members.