San Francisco Bicycle Accident Attorney
Call (415) 688-2176 for Experienced Legal Services
Riding bicycles is common in San Francisco, CA, both as a recreational activity and a mode of transportation due to the traffic in the area. Unfortunately, hundreds of bicyclists are killed and thousands are injured in bicycle accidents in California every year. In most cases, the accidents are caused by negligent drivers who share the road with bicyclists.
At Scarlett Law Group, we are committed to pursuing the compensation and justice our clients deserve. With more than 25 years of experience, our San Francisco bicycle accident lawyers have an extensive knowledge of California law to guide you through the complexities of the legal system. Do not hesitate to have our legal team fighting for you while you make a successful recovery from injury.
Contact our firm at (415) 688-2176 to schedule a consultation.
Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
With a high number of cyclists, bike-related fatalities is a big issue in California. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), California had the most cyclist deaths of any state in the United States in 2012. 29% of all bicycle accidents where injuries occurred were caused by automobiles.
The following are common reasons for bicycle accidents:
- Unsafe lane changes or making turns into a bicycle’s path
- When a motorist opens their door without looking first
- When an automobile suddenly reverses
- Inclement weather or road hazards
- Drunk driver
- Driving into a bike lane
- Failing to yield the right of way to cyclists
In most cases, the driver is typically at fault because they failed to pay attention to cyclists while driving. However, there are additional factors that can contribute to bicycle accidents, such as poor signage and dangerous roads.
Serious Injuries After a Bike Accident
Even though bicyclists are dressed in proper safety equipment, such as helmets, reflective vests, as well as elbow and knee pads, injuries are often catastrophic in nature if a vehicle is involved.
- Head and brain injuries: Even though helmets can provide some protection, riders can still sustain serious concussions, skull fractures, and injuries to the brain.
- Bone fractures: The impact of an individual against the road and another vehicle can cause broken bones throughout the entire body. These injuries will require extensive surgery and recovery time.
- Spinal injuries: When a rider's back hits the pavement or against a car, their spine can be severed or they may suffer from nerve damage in the region. Injuries to the spine can cause paralysis and make it difficult to live a normal life.
When you've suffered a serious or catastrophic injury, you will be facing a long road to recovery with expensive medical bills. Make sure you contact an experienced bicycle accident lawyer who can help you navigate the legal process and fight for a fair compensation.
Ready to Start Your Case Today? Call Now!
If you were injured by a negligent driver while you were riding your bicycle, Scarlett Law Group is prepared to fight for you. With millions of dollars won on behalf of our clients, you can be confident that we can produce the same results for you.
Call (415) 688-2176 to speak with our San Francisco personal injury attorneys.