Randall H. Scarlett
San Francisco Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Randall H. Scarlett, principal at Scarlett Law Group, concentrates his practice in the areas of catastrophic personal injury, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, wrongful death, and other serious wrongs. Scarlett Law Group also handles cases involving product liability, aviation disaster, medical malpractice, international human rights, domestic civil rights, and environmental and complex consumer actions.
Mr. Scarlett lectures frequently throughout the United States before lawyers and non-lawyer groups alike. He has authored several articles and regularly presents papers. Mr. Scarlett has been named one of the leading plaintiffs’ lawyers in America by Lawdragon Magazine, and has for many years been listed as one of the top northern California lawyers by San Francisco Magazine. Mr. Scarlett has been given the highest possible rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, AV®Preeminent™, and has been so rated for many years. He has also been honored with repeated inclusion in Super Lawyers® and by Best Lawyers in America®. He has a perfect 10.0 - Superb Rating on Avvo.
Call our office to discuss your case with Attorney Randall H. Scarlett.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D.
- San Francisco State University, B.A.
- Washington District of Columbia Bar, (DC Bar #479781)
- State Bar of California, (CA Bar #135554)
- President’s Club and Leaders Forum: American Association for Justice
- Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Section of the American Association for Justice (past Chair, current Board Member);
- Consumer Attorneys of California;
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association;
- Western Trial Lawyers Association;
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association;
- Bar Association of San Francisco;
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association; (past member of Board of Directors. Nominee for Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2006, 2010);
- Belli Society (past member of Board of Directors and past President);
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys (member of Board of Directors);
- Public Justice;
- Academy of the Trial Advocacy;
- California Brain Injury Association (member of Board of Directors and past Vice President);
- North American Brain Injury Society;
- Marin Brain Injury Network (Advisory Board);
- National College of Advocacy (Fellow of Trial Advocacy);
- Academy of Trial Professionals;
- Knights of the Bar (Fellow);
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum;
- 10 Million Dollar Lawyers Club;
Admitted to Practice Before:
- District of Columbia;
- California Supreme Court;
- United States District Court, Northern District of California;
- United States District Court, Southern District of California;
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California;
- United States District Court, Central District of California;
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit;
- Supreme Court of the United States of America;
Mr. Scarlett also enjoys pro hac vice admissions in various state and federal courts throughout the United States, including, but not limited to, the United States District Court for the District of Alaska (Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Litigation) and the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii (Marcos Human Rights Litigation).
Notable Case Results:
- $49,123,374 – Traumatic brain injury resulting from truck accident (San Jose, CA)
- $26,053,000 – Medical malpractice leading to brain injury and quadriplegia* (Hayward, CA)
- $22,800,000 – Moderate brain injury resulting from bus accident (San Francisco, CA)
- $13,000,000 – Brain injury due to failure to diagnose meningitis (North Carolina)
- $11,000,000 – Traumatic brain injury to pedestrian struck by light rail vehicle** (San Francisco, CA)
*One of the largest medical malpractice awards in the State of California.
**Highest settlement ever reached in the State of California in 2015 for its category.