Accidents Between Trucks & Cars in San Francisco, CA
Scarlett Law Group: Representing Injured Victims Since 1988
When a big-rig truck collides with a regular-sized vehicle, the accidents
that result can be truly catastrophic. Regular-sized vehicles are simply
no match for trucks.
Truck accidents are not only larger and heavier, but they also have larger blind spots,
larger turning radiuses, and require larger stopping distances. If you
were injured in a regular-sized vehicle that collided with a big-rig truck,
The Scarlett Law Group can take a stand in protection of your rights and
help you obtain compensation for your injuries.
Some of the injuries that can result include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
In some tragic instances, these kinds of accidents can lead to fatalities.
If your loved one died in a trucking accident caused by negligence, our
legal team can assist you with filing a
wrongful death claim. The final compensation award you receive can be used to pay for accident-related
medical bills and funeral arrangements.
To request a
free case evaluation, call us at (415) 688-2176 without delay.
Unsafe Driving Acts (UDAs) That Lead to Truck Accidents
There are several Unsafe Driving Acts (UDAs). Here are some common UDAs
that can lead to a fatal accident between a truck and a car:
- Driving inattentively (e.g., reading, talking on the phone, fatigue-induced)
- Merging improperly into traffic, causing a truck to maneuver or brake quickly
- Failure to stop for a stop sign or light (also, early or late through a signal)
- Failure to slow down in a construction zone
- Unsafe speed (e.g., approaching too fast from the rear/misjudging truck’s speed)
- Following too closely
- Failure to slow down in response to environmental conditions (e.g., fog,
rain, smoke, bright sun)
- Changing lanes abruptly in front of a truck
- Driving in the “no zones” (left rear quarter, right front quarter,
and directly behind)
- Unsafe turning, primarily turning with insufficient headway
- Unsafe passing, primarily passing with insufficient headway
- Pulling into traffic from roadside in front of truck without accelerating
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or other drug
- Changing lanes in front of a truck, then braking (for traffic, obstacle,
toll gate, etc.)
- Unsafe crossing, primarily crossing traffic with insufficient headway
- Driving left of center into opposing traffic
- Failure to permit a truck to merge
- Failure to discern that the trailer of a maneuvering truck is blocking
- Nearly striking the front or rear of a truck or trailer while changing lanes
- Maneuvering to the right of a truck that is making a right turn (the “right-turn
- Operating at dawn or dusk without headlights
- Crossing a lane line near the side of a truck or trailer while passing
- Driving between large trucks
- Nearly striking the rear of a truck or trailer that is stopped or moving
slowing in traffic
- Nearly striking an unattended or parked truck at roadside
- Abandoning vehicle in travel lane or impeding traffic
San Francisco Catastrophic Injury Attorneys with an Impressive Track Record
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for the seriously
injured in San Francisco, CA. With
more than 25 years of experience, we possess well-versed knowledge in this specific area of the law. Nothing
is more important to us than ensuring that our clients have everything
they need to move on with their lives. We would be happy to answer any
questions you may have regarding your case. As soon as you get in touch
with us, we will begin working on building a personalized injury claim
for your serious personal injury matter.
Unsure about you rights and options?
Give us a call today to become better informed.