The Brain Injury Association of California will be hosting the Eighth Annual
Walk & Ride for Brain Injury event on Saturday, September 12 at Santa
Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
Founded in 2005, the Brain Injury Association of California (BIACAL), an
affiliate of the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA), strives to
improve the quality of life of Californians affected by brain injuries
by advancing injury research, prevention, education, and treatment.
Brain injuries, regardless of their degree of severity, type, or cause,
can have a profound impact on the way a person thinks, acts, talks, feels,
and moves. It is the number one leading cause of disability and death
among all races, ages, and ethnicities in the U.S. It is also one of the
most misunderstood, misdiagnosed, and underfunded types of injury, which
is why BIACAL has organized the Walk & Ride for Brain Injury event
to raise awareness and funding.
By participating in this event and donating to the cause, you will help
BIACAL achieve the following goals:
- Promoting awareness through annual events
- Encouraging brain injury prevention through concussion response training
- Providing sport helmets and information sheets to children
- Initiating support groups in underserved areas
- Providing training to volunteer support group facilitators
- Offering education through yearly conferences and monthly webinars
- Initiating Academy of Brain Injury Specialist (ACBIS) Training for professionals
serving people with brain injuries
For more information about this important organization, please visit the
Brain Injury Association of California’s website at
Scarlett Law Group is proud to advocate on behalf of those who have suffered
traumatic brain injuries, and are dedicated to bringing them the financial
resources they need for their care. If you or a loved one has suffered
a brain injury in a preventable accident,
contact the San Francisco catastrophic injury lawyers at Scarlett Law Group today to find out if you may be eligible for compensation. We offer
free consultations, so call now: (415) 688-2176.